Education and Child Protection Officer
--منظمة صناع النهضة--
Job Title: Education and Child Protection Officer
Reporting to: Education and Child Protection Senior Officer/ Education and Child Protection Program Manager
Sector: Education and Child Protection Program
Location: West Coast (Mokha,Khoukha)
NMO is a registered national NGO with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor No. 284. Our mission is to take the lead to empower communities in Yemen through humanitarian response and sustainable development programs in a professional way through effective partnerships. NMO started its activity in Yemen since 2012 and has been implementing projects in 5 sectors namely FSL, Education, WASH, Shelter, and Governance and skill-building.
The Education and Child Protection Officer will be responsible for the implementation of the Non-formal Education and Child Protection program under the supervision of the Education and child protection Senior Officer and with support from the Education and child protection Program Manager as required. The Education and child protection Officer will work to ensure the program implementation is timely and of high technical quality, that monitoring processes are in place, that timely reporting occurs, and that the program is continually assessed. Solutions are quickly put in place should there be a change of context.
1-Ensure timely and quality implementation of the Education in Emergency components, particularly non-formal education programs ( BLN and ALP programs), and Child protection programs by providing technical assistance as needed.
2-With the Education team, ensure the establishment and implementation of operational work plans, setting clear targets and activity plans per center/program sites
3-Communicate the targets, program objectives and activity plans clearly to the education team, parents and children as well as to donor, ensuring they are well understood by all
4-Liaise on a daily basis with partners, communities (relevant authorities, parents-teachers associations), schools (directors, teachers etc.) and Education Program Manager and Assistants to guarantee the smooth operation of the program
5-Conduct awareness sessions with families and other stakeholders in the program location and set up community mechanisms to ensure their support of the non-formal education program
6-Ensure regular monitoring, data collection and reporting of activities is done
7-Ensure monitoring, data collection through available means and reporting and updating of activities are done in time respecting deadlines
8-Willing to be trained and to be part of the TOT as per the need of the program and to facilitate training sessions for field-level stakeholders including parents, communities and teachers as per the need
9-Facilitate, collect and report information regarding the overall situation of the IDP children and their families in the community, with specific attention paid to the program targeted children and program objectives
10-When required, work directly in the field with children, families and other stakeholders of the assigned program location, providing information and advising beneficiaries on existing education activities and other social services, referring them to partners when required
11-Ensure effective and efficient communication with NMO colleagues from different sections within the team supporting the smooth running of the programs
12-Contribute with ideas and suggestions based on the day-to-day interaction with communities and other stakeholders for scaling up and/or program development/expansion keeping an overview of the Education Strategy for Yemen.
13-Ensure strict adherence to the principles of Child Protection at all times, including respect for confidentiality and a child-centred approach and to act in the best interests of the child.
14-Support the monitoring and evaluation process of Education in Emergencies and non-formal education activities.
15-Produce timely reports for internal use on the activities in each site, highlighting challenges, best practices, and lessons learned
16-Ensure that data is accurately collected by the education team on a weekly and monthly basis.
17-Regularly visit to program sites to ensure that parents and the community at large are appropriately supported and qualitative and quantitative program objectives are achieved
18-Support recruitment process for volunteers and Teachers, including shortlisting of candidates, interviews, and drafting/revision of interview questions.
19-Build the capacities of local communities and partners, including their project monitoring skills
20-Contribute to the monthly team capacity-building plans and relevant trainings in collaboration with Education Program Manager while participating in coaching and mentoring assistants, volunteers, and teachers.
21-Archive all project documents (soft and hard copies).
22-Communicates with children and their families with gentleness, sensitivity, respect, clarity, honesty, and inclusion, and with respect to cultural, political, religious, and social norms and traditions
23. Ensures satisfactory results while applying principles of ‘do no harm’ and keeping the best interests of children, their caregivers, and communities at heart.
24- Supports the case management process according to inter-agency guidelines and using basic knowledge of international and national legal frameworks that promote the protection and care of children.
25. Establishment of Community-based child protection committees and ensure they get the required trainings as proposed in the project.
26. Facilitate the training of social workers (Case management, referral pathways …etc.) as proposed in the project proposal.
27. Prepare PRs, Procurement plans, and detailed implementation plans.
28-Any other duties assigned by the direct manager.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum bachelor's degree in education.
- Previous relevant experience not less than 2 Years with Children/Youth education/Youth programs (planning, implementing/overseeing the implementation and reporting for education projects) – non-formal education programs and child Protection programs (academic, life-skills and recreational activities for children).
- Experience in dealing with public stakeholders within the Education system (e.g., school principals, Ministry/Directorate of Education representatives, communities).
- Experience in organizing and/or conducting trainings, awareness sessions, workshops, etc.
- Competence in using computer packages including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Familiar with Yemen context and geography. Ready to travel on mission into different Governorates.
- Excellent written communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Excellent documentation and report writing skills.
- Excellent cultural awareness and sensitivity.
· Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions.
· Problem solver and, hard working with ability to work under pressure.
.Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position
. For the first time applying please click sign up and follow the instructions
.Make sure filling all required information and attach a copy CV
.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted